Breakfast Biscuit Sandwiches (Meal Prep Friendly)
Breakfast biscuit sandwiches are great to make ahead and meal prep throughout the week when you have a busy morning and no time to cook.
Meal prepping breakfast
Meal prepping your morning breakfast for the week can help save you time when thinking about what to eat when your in a rush and need something on the go.
How to make breakfast biscuit sandwiches
Making breakfast sandwiches ahead of time is great for meal prepping or when you’re just in the mood for some homemade biscuit sandwiches.
- Make your biscuits from scratch or save more time and use store-bought
- Use your favorite meat – bacon, turkey bacon, sausage, ham, tofu, etc.
- Add cheddar cheese or any cheese you love. Sharp cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella, etc. Options are endless!
- Cook your eggs on the stovetop, in the oven, or in the microwave
How to store homemade biscuit sandwiches
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. I haven’t tried freezing these but I would freeze in an airtight container and reheat them covered in a damp paper towel in the microwave for 2 minutes.
*Dampen the towel so the biscuits don’t get hard when reheating.
Breakfast Biscuit Sandwiches
- turkey bacon
- cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup cold butter grated
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 420°
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together
- Grate the cold butter and mix it in with the flour lightly
- Next pour in the buttermilk and mix until a dough forms. Do not over mix – the dough will come together fairly quickly – once it starts to stick together, lightly flour a surface and fold the dough into layers. This will help create flaky layers.
- Keep the dough thick and cut out rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 14-16 minutes or when golden brown
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the bacon in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes and then transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Crack and beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Heat your butter in a large skillet on low-medium heat and pour in the eggs. Season with salt and pepper and gently stir the eggs until cooked.
- Or beat your eggs in a bowl – add few small pieces of butter and cook for a minute in the microwave
Breakfast Biscuit Sandwhiches
- Split the biscuits in half – add a slice of cheese, a layer of eggs, and a piece of bacon cut in half.