Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
Buffalo cauliflower wings make the perfect game day appetizer. A healthier take on regular buffalo wings. Vegan, gluten-free, and low-carb friendly.
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings Ingredients
Making buffalo cauliflower wings are easier than you think and the recipe is very forgiving. With these simple ingredients you can’t go wrong with this low-carb game day snack!
Flour – If you’re gluten free simply switch the all purpose flour for gluten free.
Almond milk – Any type of milk will do to make this batter. Even if you just have water on hand it will work!
Butter – This recipe we used a vegan butter but you can also use coconut oil or plain butter if you’re not vegan.
How to make buffalo cauliflower wings
Cut off the stem of the cauliflower and start breaking it into medium/large pieces. Keep the florets around the same size so they all cook at the same time. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and preheat your oven.
Make the batter to dip the cauliflower in. This batter is equal parts of flour and milk and you can certainly add any extra spices you like. Look for a thick consistency, you don’t want it to be too runny.
Toss in the cauliflower and toss to coat them with the batter. Then transfer them one by one to your lined baking sheet and don’t place them too close together. Flip halfway through baking.
In a new bowl combine your favorite buffalo sauce with the melted butter or coconut oil. Whisk until combined evenly. Give the cauliflower a nice coat of the buffalo sauce with a brush or dip them in using a fork. After you have coated them place it back in the oven until it’s golden in color.
Tip: Add honey to the batter to tone down the heat if you want a milder flavor.
Enjoy with carrots, celery sticks, ranch dressing and low carb jicama fries.
Benefits of cauliflower
Cauliflower is high in vitamin B, fiber, and antioxidants. Studies show it helps fight off heart disease, lower the risk of obesity, fights aging, and good for the gut.
How to store baked cauliflower buffalo wings
Cauliflower buffalo wings are best eaten the same day they’re made simply because cauliflower has a high water content, so the longer they sit around the more chances they will start to turn mushy and lose their crunch.
It’s best to wait to bake these cauliflower wings until you’re ready to eat. You can always prep them during the day by cutting up the cauliflower into florets and making the batter which should last about 3 hours before using.
If you need to reheat them simply place back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes on each side to bring them back to life.
If you make this recipe don’t forget to leave a comment and rating. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup Buffalo Sauce
- ranch or blue cheese for dressing
- carrots and celery sticks for serving
- 2 tbsp honey tones down the spicy flavor if you want something more milder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the spices and flour. Next add in the almond milk and stir until combined.
- Toss the cauliflower florets into the batter and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes then flip and bake another 20 minutes
- In a medium bowl add in the buffalo sauce with the melted butter. Whisk.
- Brush the cauliflower with the buffalo sauce and then return to the oven for 10 – 15 minutes until browned.
- Serve with celery and carrots. Enjoy!