Chipotle Chicken Flatbread Recipe (Copycat – Tropical Smoothie Cafe)
This Chipotle chicken flatbread recipe is a quick meal for busy weeknights and it’s so delicious you won’t be able to stop eating it!
If you ever been to tropical smoothie cafe you know they have some amazing smoothies, but their flatbreads are yummy too. So yummy that my fiance and I were spending more money than we should have been on the smoothies and flatbreads. So I decided to just make them at home so we can have one of our favorite meals and keep in budget at the same time. We literally ate this for lunch and dinner two nights in a row, that’s how obsessed we were. 🙂
The original chipotle chicken flatbread recipe uses bacon but I didn’t add any bacon to mine. My fiance had bacon in his and you can leave out the bacon or even make this vegan with tofu instead of meat.
What you’ll need
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken breasts
- Chipotle mayo – I have a recipe for this that’s super easy.
- Pepper jack cheese
- Bacon (optional)
Simply grill your chicken, you can easily do this on the stovetop in the pan or just pop them in the oven. If you’re adding bacon you can do the same, pop it in the oven or cook on the stovetop. This meal is so easy because this is the only thing you need to cook!
How to cook the chicken
- Season the chicken
- I used an all-purpose seasoning, salt, and black pepper (if your seasoning has salt and pepper already added no need to add more)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and cook for 15-18 minutes or until cooked thoroughly (no longer any pink)
- Let the chicken cool down a bit for 5 to 10 minutes
- Cut into strips
Next heat up your flatbread in a toaster oven, add some pepper jack cheese, spread on some chipotle mayo, add the sliced chicken, bacon, sliced tomatoes, and romaine lettuce. That’s it! You just made the yummiest chipotle chicken flatbread you’ve ever had.
Time to enjoy.
Leftover chicken breasts?
After the chicken has been cooked you can keep it in the fridge up to 3 days in an airtight container. You can also freeze the chicken for up to 2 months.
Keep in mind that you can also cook the chicken on the stovetop if you prefer. This recipe is very versatile, feel free to add your own twist with different cheeses, sauces, etc. You can get very creative with many different ingredients.
Chipotle Chicken Flatbread
- 2-4 boneless skinless chicken 2 for fewer people; 4 for more
- all-purpose meat seasoning
- black pepper
- 2-4 flatbreads depends on how many being served
- 2-4 tomatoes
- romaine lettuce
- chipotle mayo
- 4-8 bacon strips optional, 2 for each flatbread
- pepper jack cheese
- Season the chicken, I used an all-purpose seasoning, salt, and black pepper (if your seasoning has salt and pepper already added no need to add more)
- Heat oven to 450° and cook for 15-18 minutes or until cooked thoroughly (no longer any pink)
- Let the chicken cool down for a bit. 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into strips
- Heat your flatbread in the toaster oven
- Place your pepper jack cheese, tomatoes, chipotle mayo, bacon, romaine, and chicken on the flatbread