This chipotle mayo only needs 4 ingredients making it easy and quick to make when you want something with a little spice. Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, low carb, and vegan adaptable.
Chipotle mayo is my go-to sauce to add extra flavor to any meal like burgers, veggies, burritos, and my favorite chipotle chicken flatbread. I love this recipe because it’s easy to make at home and only takes 5 minutes!
Ingredients you’ll need
- 1 cup of mayo (can substitute for vegan mayo)
- 2 chipotles (you will find these in a can in the Mexican aisle)
- A tablespoon of adobo sauce (the adobo sauce is the sauce that the chipotles are canned in.)
- 2 garlic cloves
- squeeze of lime
How to make chipotle mayo sauce
- Cut off the stem and take out the seeds in your chipotles.
- Add your mayo, chipotles, adobo sauce, garlic cloves, and lime to the blender.
- Blend well until smooth
- Taste to see if it’s at your liking. Sometimes I add another chipotle
- Add more adobo sauce or an extra chipotle for more heat.
How long will homemade chipotle mayo last?
This sauce can last up to 2 weeks in an airtight container stored in the fridge. Try storing it in a squeeze bottle for easy use.
This recipe can be easily turned into a vegan version by simply using vegan mayo.
- 1 cup mayo use vegan if you want it vegan-friendly
- 1-3 chipotle peppers add 1 at a time and taste to see how spicy you like it
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.