Dalgona ‘Whipped’ Coffee Recipe
Dalgona ‘whipped’ coffee is a creamy, frothy coffee drink that only needs 4 ingredients and takes 5 minutes to make.
What is Dalgona Whipped Coffee?
Dalgona is a popular coffee in South Korea and also known in Greece as Frappe coffee and in India as Beaten coffee. It has recently gone viral here in America on TikTok as whipped coffee. #coffeewhip
How to make Whipped Coffee
In a medium-large bowl add instant coffee, sugar, and hot water. 1:1:1 ratio, start with 2 tablespoons each. 3 tablespoons will make 2-3 servings.
- Whip the mixture with an electric hand mixer, milk frother, or stand mixer. You can for sure mix by hand but will take a while before it becomes nice and fluffy
- Once it’s fluffy and creamy, pour a glass of iced milk or you can use warm milk and top it with the whipped coffee.
- Stir it into the milk and enjoy!
This will only work with instant coffee, this recipe won’t work for ground coffee or already brewed coffee. Decaf will work too, as long as its instant!
You should also use granulated sugar when making this recipe but feel free to use brown sugar, raw sugar, white sugar, coconut sugar, or cane sugar.
Hot or cold? Whipped coffee works great on iced milk or hot. Whatever your preference is, it will be yummy!
Dalgona whipped coffee
- eletric mixer
- 2 tbsp instant coffee your favorite kind
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar or coconut sugar, etc.
- 2 tbsp hot water boiled
- 1 cup milk plant-based or regular works
- In a medium to large bowl add the sugar, coffee, and water
- Mix on medium- high speed until it becomes thick and lighter in color
- Add on top of your choice of milk and enjoy!