Easy Chicken Tacos with Black Beans and Corn
Easy grilled chicken tacos with black beans, corn, tomato, and sour cream. Perfect for taco night.
Tacos are one of the tastiest, easiest and quickest weeknight dinners when you want something versatile that the whole family will love.
To start making the chicken tacos we begin by seasoning the boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs. I seasoned mine with my homemade taco seasoning which is super easy to make if you don’t have packet seasoning on hand.
After you finish seasoning the chicken, heat some olive oil in a large pan and cook on both sides until done. Next, shred the chicken or chop into cubes.
Warm up your tortillas in a toaster oven or on the stovetop over the flame.
Add the chicken, cheese, tomato, sour cream, lettuce, corn, and beans on top of your tacos. I used canned black beans and corn for these tacos. I just drained them and heated them up in the pan for about 30 seconds to 1 minute then served them on top of the chicken tacos.
Serve chicken tacos with:
- Pico de gallo
- Sour cream
- Diced tomato
The options are endless with the toppings you can add on tacos. Add your favorites or try something new.
Chicken tacos with Black beans and Corn
- Flour tortillas
- 1 pound chicken breast or thigh boneless skinless
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- cheese optional
- lime optional
- fresh cilantro optional
- pico de gallo optional
- lettuce optional
- salsa optional
- tomatoes optional
- Add the chicken and spices to bowl to season all the chicken
- Heat pan to medium-high heat with oil. Cook the chicken on both sides until no longer pink.
- Remove from the pan and spread the chicken or cut into cubes
- Warm tortillas in the toaster oven or on the stovetop over the flame
- Add chicken to the warmed tortilla shells and top with your favorite toppings.
Pin recipe for later