Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
These oven-baked honey BBQ chicken wings are the perfect balance of sweet and spicy and are oh so juicy! The perfect appetizer for game day or any occasion.Jump to Recipe
How to make honey BBQ chicken wings
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Now rinse with cold water and vinegar, optional. Then pat the chicken dry with paper towels and lay them flat in a pan.
- Next, season the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake for 40 minutes covered
- While the chicken is baking its time to prepare the honey BBQ sauce. Simply mix the honey and your favorite BBQ sauce together.
- Check on the chicken to see if it’s cooked. Once it’s fully cooked drain some of the excess chicken juice and pour the honey BBQ sauce over the chicken
- Let the chicken bake another 10 minutes uncovered until the sauce is thicking over the chicken.
- Garnish with green onion and serve.
Honey BBQ chicken wings go great with:
- White rice
- Celery and carrots
- Ranch dressing dip
- Sweet potato fries
- French fries
These honey BBQ wings are so saucy and sticky so be sure to serve with napkins or wipes. Feel free to adjust the seasoning to your liking by adding more or less spice. This recipe is pretty versatile and easy since you don’t need to deep fry them, which is also healthier. You can also use a BBQ sauce that’s low in sugar since this recipe uses honey for sweetness.
How to freeze BBQ chicken wings
Allow the chicken to cool and transfer to a freezer bag along with some of the honey bbq sauce. Be sure to remove any extra air and seal tight. You can store the baked chicken for up to three months. When you’re ready to eat just let them thaw overnight in the fridge and bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- green onions optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place chicken in a pan and pat dry
- Season chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper on both sides
- Baked for 40 minutes covered
- Drain excess liquid from the pan and pour the honey BBQ sauce over the chicken
- Bake for another 10 – 15 minutes until you see the BBQ sauce thicking over the chicken
- Let chicken cool and serve