How To Make Shrimp Alfredo In One Pot – 30 Minute Meal
Wondering how to make shrimp alfredo at home? This recipe only requires you to have one pot and 30 minutes of free time. Dinner will be served in no time!
Ingredients for shrimp alfredo
- Fettuccine pasta
- Heavy cream
- Salt, Pepper, and Paprika
- A little oil
- And fresh basil to garnish if you like
How to make shrimp alfredo with pictures
Pro tips: Once you add the heavy cream to the pot make sure to simmer on low heat and do not bring it to a boil or else the cheese will separate from the milk. It’s also important to use fresh Parmesan as it will melt better than the dry kind.
More one pot pasta recipes
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt, pepper, paprika
- 10 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1½ tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- fresh basil to garnish
- Cook your fettuccine in salted water according to the packaging then drain
- Season the cleaned shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika in a bowl and mix to coat all the shrimp evenly
- In a large pan/skillet heat up your oil and cook the shrimp until pink on the outside and opaque white in the inside. Around 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from your pan and add in the butter and onion, saute until golden and soft and add in the minced garlic and saute another minute
- Pour in the heavy cream and let simmer for 2-3 minutes to thicken then add in the parmesan cheese and mix until nice and creamy. Turn off the heat
- Add in the fettuccine and shrimp to the pan and mix everything together. Serve with fresh basil on top. Enjoy!