Perfect Vegan French Toast | Simple Ingredients
The perfect vegan french toast made with simple ingredients already in your pantry and no need for eggs or dairy for this recipe! Perfect for a Sunday morning brunch.
How do you make vegan french toast?
Making the perfect vegan french toast is easier than you think and takes fewer ingredients than regular french toast. You won’t miss the eggs, milk, and cream at all.
First, combine the ingredients listed below and heat up a frying pan with some vegan butter. Dip both sides of the stale bread into the mixture and then cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit, and powdered sugar.
This makes a small batch good for 1 – 2 people. You can definitely double the ingredients to feed more people as needed.
Ingredients to make vegan french toast
- Stale bread – Some of the best bread for making french toast are ciabatta, Italian, sourdough, french bread, baguette, brioche, or even sliced bread will work for this recipe
- flour – any flour will work – it can also be gluten-free flour
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- plant-based milk – any milk of your choice, I love oat and almond milk.
- Vegan butter or coconut oil to cook with
What to serve with vegan french toast?
The options are endless but here are some ideas:
- Maple syrup
- Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, peaches, bananas, or raspberries
- Vegan whipped cream
- Vegan eggs
- Vegan bacon
Perfect Vegan French Toast
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 4 tbsp flour sifted
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup plant based milk oat milk, almond, etc.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well
- Soak a piece of bread in the mixture and cook it on a skillet with vegan butter until golden brown
- Top with syrup, fruit, and a bit of powdered sugar